Global Education and Advancement Support Center
The Kochi University Global Education and Advancement Support Center aims to meet the goals of ‘the Grand Design 2030’ that the University has formalised, specifically those concerned with the globalisation of the region and the fostering of globally competent human resources who can actively participate in global society with a local perspective.
The three basic objectives of the center are;
(1) globalisation of the campus through promotion of educational exchanges with universities overseas
(2) facilitating overseas study for any student who so desires by improving study abroad educational programs and related support systems
(3) promotion of incoming student exchange programs and enhancement of Japanese as a foreign language education
(1) Globalization of the campus through promotion of educational exchanges with universities overseas.
Our center aims to promote global student exchange and advance the globalisation of the campus by creating a campus environment where students can learn through mutual interaction. Also to promote international student exchange, through interaction between foreign students and Japanese students.
(2) Facilitating overseas study for any student who so desires by improving educational exchange programs and related support systems.
We will support Japanese students who wish to study abroad by providing consultations and advice while trying to improve SA-specific foreign language skills, including English. In addition, we aim to raise awareness of students’ study abroad choices by organising SA fairs, SA workshops, and seminars.
(3) Promotion of accepting exchange students from abroad and enhancement of Japanese language education.
In order to fulfill this role, we will actively recruit not only short-term students from partner universities but also long-term students, including privately-financed and government-financed or sponsored students. We provide them with guidance and advice on their studies and daily life while in Japan. In addition, we will provide education in the Japanese language, Japanese culture, and Japanese affairs.