Presentations Guidelines download [English] [Japanese]
Oral Presentations Guidelines
- Microsoft Windows 7 will be the operating system for the presentations. Please prepare your presentation file compatible with Microsoft PowerPoint program in Windows 7 system.
An LCD projector (Compatibility: Windows PC) and a PC (Windows 7, MS PowerPoint2003, 2007, 2010 & Adobe Acrobat Reader) will be available in every session room. A laser pointer and microphone will be provided.
- We are experiencing some problems with Mac PowerPoint files sometimes, so we would like to ask the mac users to preview the presentation file after the conversion to Windows system.
- For the presentation, use standard fonts such as New Times Roman and Arial. If you use a special font for your presentation it may not be translated properly on the local PC.
- If you link your videos with the PPT file, bring and use your own laptop.
- Please bring your presentation on a USB flash memory stick or CD-R. We recommend that you have the back-up in its original file format as well as Adobe Acrobat (i.e. pdf). This will be used as a back-up in case your own computer has a problem.
For Presenters using your own laptop
- Using your own laptop PC for a presentation is allowed. Please check your presentation (test run and compatibility) either in the morning (8:30-9:00) or during the breaks prior to your session.
In addition, speakers should arrive in your session room 15 minutes before the start of your session to report your name and affiliation to the session chair.
- Presenters using your own laptop must make sure that your PC has a VGA output. VGA connector is a three-row 15-pin DE-15 connector (Mini D-sub-15pin) only. Moreover, please bring the wall adapter.
- ALL laptops MUST have the sleep mode turned OFF. This will save time at the podium.
- For MAC users please make sure you are familiar with your settings to send the signal to the LCD projector. Also, when using a Mac be sure you have your appropriate adapter for connecting to a VGA cable for the projector. The Conference will NOT have any available.
- * Please examine the compatibility of your computer with the projector provided at least 30 minutes before the session.
- ** Taking a video is not allowed without any permission in advance.
- *** Japan voltage is 100 V and the frequency is 60 Hz in western Japan including Kochi.
Poster Presentations Guidelines
- Recommended Poster Size
- A0 (841mm×1189mm)
Height: 1200 mm, Width: 900 mm
- Poster board size; Height: 1800 mm, Width: 900 mm
- A poster number will be assigned to each abstract and will be announced to the Poster presenter, along with the day of presentation. Poster presenters are responsible for setting up and removing the posters.
- Posters will be displayed continuously throughout July 13-14. Posters must be placed on boards at 10:00-13:00 13th July.
Poster session: Authors are required to stand by their posters to entertain questions.
Authors are required to be at their posters at Poster Session Time.
- Please remove your poster at 9:00-12:00 15th July. Posters left on the board will be kept at registration desk for 1day.