- Requests from the Hospital
Requests from the Hospital
1. Hospital no smoking policy
A no smoking policy was introduced across the entire hospital site from 1 October 2009 for the purpose of preventing passive smoking.
All users of the hospital are requested to cooperate with this policy.(The smoking ban applies to all hospital buildings, roads, footpaths, bus stops and car parks.)
2. Use of mobile phones in the hospital
When using mobile phones in the hospital, please take care not to interfere with medical treatment or cause inconvenience to other patients, etc.
- Please be sure to set your phone to silent mode inside the hospital.
- Please leave a distance of at least one metre between yourself and other patients or medical devices when using your phone.
- Under certain circumstances you may be requested to stop using your phone. Please comply with any such request.
▼ Mobile Phone-Free Zones
Please be sure to turn your phone off in the following locations.
- Consultation rooms, examination rooms, treatment rooms, ICU, maternity and perinatal care units, operating theatres
▼ Use of the PHS system by medical staff
To enable prompt delivery of medical services, the hospital's medical staff use a PHS system that does not interfere with medical devices.
3. How you can help us to provide you with safe, satisfactory medical treatment
- Please provide the most accurate information as possible concerning your health.
- Please take care to understand the treatment you are receiving.
- Please inform us what medication you are taking and what you are taking it for.
- Please be aware of your diagnosis and the tests and treatment you are receiving.
- Please involve yourself in the decisions concerning your treatment.