Exchange Students




OFFICE International Education Support Office
ADDRESS 2-5-1 Akebono-cho, Kochi-shi, Kochi 780-8520 JAPAN
E-mail gi05@kochi-u.ac.jp
TEL/FAX TEL: +81-88-844-8683
FAX: +81-88-844-8718
Official Website http://www.kochi-u.ac.jp/ 別ウィンドウ
http://www.kochi-u.ac.jp/english/ 別ウィンドウ
Guide Guidebook for Exchange Students

 <Asakura Campus>

  Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences

  Faculty of Education

  Faculty of Science and Technology

  Faculty of Regional Collaboration

  TOSA Innovative Development Programs

<Oko Campus>

  Medical School

<Monobe Campus>

  Faculty of Agriculture and Marine Science


Fact Sheet

 Kochi University Fact Sheet Factsheet2024.pdf(169KB)

Language Requirements

Japanese Language Requirements for Exchange Students
Application Procedure

1. Institution coordinator nominates exchange students by Email. (Please attache the nomination form.)

2. Send required documents via courier to the above address.

Required documents Please refer to List of Application Documents

October 15 for Spring semester (Apr.-Aug.)

April 15 for Fall semester (Oct.-Feb.)

List of Application Documents

1. Application form for Special Auditing Students or Special Research Students with photo (Please send the form by Email)



2. Recommendation Letter from the President(to our President) (Japanese or English)
3. Official Academic Transcript (Japanese or English)
4. Certificate of Enrollment (Japanese or English)
5. Copy of Passport
  ・page with photo and personal details
  ・Additonally, if the applicant has been to Japan, please include the pages of the passport showing arrival and departure dates
6. Copy of Japanese Language Proficiency (Japanese Language Learner only)

7. A face-to-shoulder (without background) colored photo (in size 3×4cm) *Photo data would be acceptable.


8. Application for Certificate of Eligibility (Japanese or English) with photo(Please send the form by Email)

VISA Application(132KB)

VISA Application(259KB)

9. Certificate of Financial Support (Japanese or English)
  (If the financial supporter is a family member of the applicant, a 'proof of relationship' document in English or translated into Japanese)